News & Events
Please note that, until further notice, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person worship services and all other meetings and activities that take place at the church are suspended. We will advise as soon as there is a change. Note that there are several on-line and conference call activities shown in the paragraphs below.
Confidential Phone Counselling – Contact information:
Dr. Bailey email@example.com; 613 728-8656 x 222
Rev. Limongi firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing in Prayer and Support:
In these times, as in all times, we are trusting God to grant us wisdom, mercy and faith. As a community of faith and followers of Jesus we are reminded of the numerous times the Bible counsels us not to ‘be afraid’. Normally, this exhortation is accompanied by God’s promise to be with us. God being with us inspires and empowers us to be ‘with’ each other. We do this by praying for one another and reaching out by phone, facetime, Facebook, email, WhatsApp… you name it. Let’s just stay connected. We send love and wish everyone comfort and good health, and look forward to hearing from you. May God bless us all.
PRAYER REQUESTS INBOX Please send your prayer requests to email@example.com.
Christian Enrichment Upcoming Gatherings
- Sunday school online every Sunday – today 10th @ 9:00 AM (please note the change of time). This Sunday we are looking at the Baptism of our Lord. Parents are invited to print out the children’s Worship Bulletin every Sunday as a conversation starter about the Bible story.
- Senior Youth group online- Every other Sunday- Jan. @ 8:00 PM
We will be looking at tough questions. The question this week is: How do I stop doing things I know I shouldn’t do?
- Junior Youth group online- Every other Wednesday- Jan. 20th @ 7:30 PM
We will be looking at: Is the Bible True?
- IGNITE group every other Thursday – Jan. 21, @7:00 PM (please note the change of day)
Our new study UNAFRAID is an informed and inspiring study for anyone who is struggling with fear, worry, or anxiety or who wonders how we can live as peacemakers in troubled times. The session this time is about: Failure, Disappointing Others, Insignificance, and Loneliness.
- Leaders’ Workshop is on Jan. 18th at 7:00 PM. We will be looking at ministry in pandemic times. All youth leaders and Sunday School teachers are invited to join.
IN FROM THE COLD
Effective Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., the government is issuing a stay-at-home order requiring everyone to remain at home with exceptions for permitted purposes or activities, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services, for exercise or for work where the work cannot be done remotely.
This is to inform you that because of the seriousness of the Covid-19 pandemic spreading, to our disappointment and certainly to the disappointment of our guests, we must shut down our In From The Cold “Take-out” meal programme from this Saturday, January 16, 2021 until it is safe to start-up again.
We ended the last season with 88 take-out meals being served on December 19th. We were privileged that our IFTC team, Chef Ian & some of our volunteers partnered with the Hintonburg Economic Development Committee and the Carleton Tavern to prepare, deliver & serve a Christmas Day meal. 132 meals were delivered to families and 199 people lined up in the rain greeted by Rev. Anthony. Remarkably, this is the 20th year that the group has put on this so needed Christmas Day event – previously served at the Carleton Tavern.
Although we now have 2021 Offering envelopes we are not yet in a position to distribute them. If you have given regularly in 2020 or requested envelopes recently, there is likely an envelope number and a box of envelopes reserved for you. If not and you need a set, please contact the church office. Since it is not yet possible to attend live services, as we move into the New Year, feel free to continue to use your remaining 2020 envelopes for mail-in donations until you are able to attend and pick up your 2021 envelopes. Thank you for your ongoing support.
SMALL GROUPS ON ZOOM in 2021
(for any information email Rev. Alcris at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PRAYER SHAWL GROUP starts again on Wednesday on January 13th at 10:00 am.
- GRIEF WORKSHOP FOR PASTORAL CARE TEAM with Compassionate Ottawa on Friday January 15th at 1:00 pm.
- PRAYER GROUP on Wednesday January 20th
- Writers GROUP will meet on Thursday January 28th at 5:00 pm.
- CARING FOR THE CAREGIVERS will meet again on Friday January 29th at 7:00 pm.
OUR CAMINO 2021
Get ready for our traditional Lenten Devotional series beginning on Ash Wednesday, February 17th
As always, we welcome both new and seasoned contributors, from all ages and stages of life.
For information contact email@example.com