A Christian congregation is a local expression of the global Church of Jesus Christ, mandated to serve God by following the way of Jesus. We are called to reach out in compassion, service, faith-sharing, peace-making and justice-seeking to the surrounding neighbourhood and beyond.
We do this through sharing our Spirit-given gifts, time, wisdom, prayers, experience, skills, commitment and faith. In doing so, we grow in the practice of faith, deepen our joy, have fun and meet new people, live out our passion to give and help others, help to mend the world, and put into practice God’s purpose for our lives.
To get involved, feel free to contact the church office at 613-728-8656 to enquire about any of these opportunities or receive a referral to speak directly with someone who is doing what you would like to do.
Prepare and donate casseroles, baking, or other dishes that can be frozen for individuals who would benefit from donated meals
Participate as a committee member for committees that include Finance, Membership, Mission and Outreach, Communications. [Read More about Parkdale’s Council…]
Maintenance and Gardening
Offer to help clean, paint or do repairs in May and October, or sign up to take responsibility for maintaining a designated flowerbed throughout the summer.
Rummage Sale and Bazaar
Rummage sales are held spring and fall – last Saturday of April and September
Bazaar is held in the fall – first Saturday of November
- sorting donated merchandise (1-4 hours, two days prior to the event)
- setting up tables (8:30am – 10:30am the day of the event, involves lifting)
- selling merchandise (minimum shift of 1.5hrs beginning at 8:45am the day of the event)
- clean up – (1-2 hours beginning at noon, involves lifting)
Meet as part of a group to spend time in prayer for those expressing needed prayer [Read More about Pastoral Care…]
Assist with planning, shopping, set-up, serving, clean up, venue decoration, provide prepared food for special events that include Annual General Meeting (February), Shrove Tuesday (February), Sunday School BBQ Picnic (June), Welcome BBQ (September), Advent Luncheon (December).
In From the Cold
Various roles (setting up, greeting, cooking, serving, clean up…) to support the In from the Cold supper hospitality ministry on Saturdays for the months from November to March. [Read More about In From the Cold…]
- Teachers – Plan out and provide Sunday School instruction to children. Study material and craft supplies provided
- Teacher Assistants – Offer assistance to the instructional Sunday School teacher during class time
- Hall Monitor – Monitor hallways during Sunday School
- Christmas Pageant – Help with planning, costumes, and rehearsal of the pageant [Read more about Faith Formation and Fellowship…]
Teachers – Plan out and provide Sunday morning youth classes for Junior Youth and Senior Youth
Youth Events (Junior Youth and Senior Youth) – Plan, provide leadership and supervision for youth events and outings (movie nights, cooking and games evenings, camping) [Read more about Faith Formation and Fellowship…]
- Ushers – Greet people at the doors, hand out bulletins, collect offering
- Greeters – Greet newcomers after the service
- Slide Projection – Set up equipment and manage projection of slide for services. Equipment and training provided
- Slide Preparation – Prepare PowerPoint slides for projection of songs and order of service on to big screens.
- Sound – Manage sound system for services. Training is provided
- Lay Reading – Reading scripture during services
- Special Music – Performing instrumental or vocal music during the service
- Refreshments – Prepare and serve coffee and juice after the service, followed by clean-up
- Offering Counters – Work with a team to count offering after the service
- Driver – Pick up and drop off those who need a ride to the church services
Monthly Email Newsletter
429 Parkdale Ave
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1H3
Phone: (613) 728-8656