The Worship Committee is responsible for the Ministry of Worship, including the Ministry of Music, for all ages of the Congregation and those we seek to draw into our congregation.
- Coordinating Minister
- Music Director
- Choir Representative
- Members and adherents of the Congregation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Ministry Personnel, the Music Director and others who give leadership in Worship.
- Planning and visioning regarding Worship in collaboration with the Ministry Personnel.
- Keeping a pulse on the congregations’ ideas and concerns regarding Worship and the Ministry of Music.
- Overseeing, in cooperation with Ministry Personnel, the policy on baptisms and confirmations of children and adults.
Participants in Worship
- Recruiting and supporting participants for the following:
- Ushering and greeting for Sunday morning service,
- Lay readers
- Communion servers and element preparation
- Audio/Visual technical support
- Meditation Group
- Supporting of substitutes in the event of absence (regular or emergency) in the pulpit. (Arrangement done by ministerial staff)
Sanctuary and Worship Spaces
- Managing materials used in Worship including:
- Flowers, banners, symbols and decorations in the Sanctuary
- Miscellaneous liturgical items
- Approving alternate uses of the Sanctuary and Worship spaces. The church office follows A Policy for Church Facility Use.
Ministry of Music
- Negotiating and administering the contract with the Music Director.
- Supporting the Choir, DaleSong and other groups and individuals participating in the Ministry of Music.
- Planning and visioning regarding the Ministry of Music along with the Ministry Personnel and the Music Director.
- Developing and managing the Committee’s budget.